Week 4: Open and Close
Week 3: Thank you and Toilet.
Week 2: Yes and No.
Week 1: Hello and Goodbye.
St. Helen's are learning lámh!
Lámh is a manual sign system used by children and adults with intellectual disability and communication needs in Ireland.
Some things to note:
- Lámh is always used with speech (say the word as well as the sign to encourage skills needed for speech)
- Lámh signs never cover the face or lips (to enable lip reading)
- Use your dominant hand.
- Use appropriate expression.
- Signing encourages eye contact and attention to movement.
- Signs are adapted from Irish sign language but are not all the same.